Romanian Air Force Mission
Romanian Air Force Structure
ROMANIAN AIR FORCE
Major General Victor Strimbeanu, Ph.D.
Chief of Training and Doctrine
Major General Victor Strimbeanu was born on 2nd April 1960 in Saveni, Ialomita County. After graduating the high school in Bucharest with a specialization in aeronautics, in 1980, he started his military career by successful passing the exams of the Air Force Military School “Aurel Vlaicu” in Boboc which he graduated as lieutenant in 1984. His training as fighter pilot determined his assignment at 86th Fighter Regiment, an Air Force Base where he served, except for short periods of time, almost his entire military career as pilot, instructor, and commander.
- Air Force Military School in Boboc, 1984;
- Advanced Russian and English courses, Bucharest, 1988-1989;
- Course for Squadron Leaders, Bacau, 1991;
- National Defense University in Bucharest, 1992-1994;
- Squadron Officer School – Maxwell AFB, Alabama, USA, 1995;
- Mastership – Global Security, Management of Defense in a Democracy, Cranfield University / Royal Military College of Science, Shrivenham, UK, 2000-2001;
- Course for NATO Senior Officers, Oberammergau, Germany;
- Doctor in Military Science, National Defense University in Bucharest, 2003-2006;
- Course “Air Battle - Planning and Management” (CJTF level), CASPOA, France, 2008;
- Course “JFAC Commander”, CASPOA, France, 2009;
- NATO Senior Leadership Program, Shrivenham, UK, 2009;
- 1984-1994 – pilot, chief-pilot, flight leader, 86th Fighter Regiment;
- 1994-1995 – Deputy-Chief Flight Operations, 2nd Squadron, 86th Fighter Regiment;
- 1995-1996 – Chief of Reconnaissance and Electronic Warfare Section, 86th Fighter Group;
- 1996-1998 – Flight Safety Inspector, Air Force Headquarters;
- 1998-1999 – Deputy-Commander Flight Operations, 86th Fighter Group;
- 1999-2000 – Commander, 86th Fighter Group;
- 2001 – Commander, Combat Group, 86th Air Base;
- 2001-2003 – Commander, 861st Air Bombing Squadron;
- 2003-2006 – Commander, 86th Air Base;
- 2006-2008 – Deputy-Director, PCC/ SHAPE, Mons, Belgium;
- 2008-2009 – Deputy-Chief Military Cooperation Division SHAPE, Mons, Belgium;
- July 2009-July 2012 – Commander, Air Operational Component, Air Force Staff;
- March 2011-April 2012 – Commander KABUL International Airport, Afghanistan, ISAF Detachment;
Since July 2012 – Chief of Training and Doctrine, Romanian Air Force Staff.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND NATO/PfP EXERCISES:
- 1984-2006 – fighter pilot and flight instructor 1st class; operations; flight safety; reconnaissance; electronic warfare; global security; planning;
- 1996-2006 – project officer and pilot participating in national and international exercises: COOPERATIVE KEYs (1996-2002), COOPERATIVE CHANCE (1998), COOPERATIVE DETERMINATION (1997), STRONG RESOLVE (1998), TLP (Tactical Leadership Program) 1997, VOLFACs (1998-2001), COOPERATIVE ZENITH (2000), LONE KITE (2003), NAM (2004), LONE FOIL (2004), LONE CHEETAH (2005), CHASSEUR ACCOMPLI (2005), GREEN EAGLE, COOPERATIVE GUARD, etc.
Current as 23rd July, 2012
|Links||Site map||Download||AF Magazine||Museum||Contact|
Copyright © 2010 - Romanian Air Force. All rights reserved.